8th to 12th November 2021
Australian Mediation Awareness Weeek
Culture and Dispute Resolution
About Australian Mediation Awareness Week
Our mission is to increase the use of appropriate dispute resolution before or instead of going to court in order to reduce the harm including the emotional and financial costs of unresolved disputes.
#AuMAW is now working in collaboration with the International Mediation Awareness Week to provide Australian dispute resolution professionals with a global voice as we engage, educate and inform the Australian community about the benefits of ADR (appropriate dispute resolution)
Monday 8th to Friday 12th November
Joanne is the Australian Host for the International Mediation Awareness Week.
She’ll also be hosting sessions and coordinating the event.
Fiona will be facilitating a Mock Mediation using the legal tech developed by her team, FamilyProperty.
She’ll also be presenting a Webinar explaining the benefits of using software to manage end to end collaboration between FDR Practitioners and Lawyers in Family Law.
Want to be involved? Get in touch
2021 is the 5th Australian Mediation Awareness Week
- in 2021 #AuMAW21 is running in conjunction with the International Mediation Awareness Week with a theme of Culture and Dispute Resolution
- in 2020 we did not run Australian Mediation Awareness Week
- in 2019 #AuMAW2019 will be between the 10th and 16th October with a theme of ADR = Appropriate Dispute Resolution
- In 2018 #AuMAW2018 was between the 15th and the 21st October with a theme of “Let’s talk about it”
- In 2017 #AuMAW2017 was between the 14th and 20th October.
- In 2016 #AuMAW was held the 7th and 13th December.
- Australian Mediation Awareness Week 2016 was inspired by the UK Mediation Awareness Week 2016 and forms part of an international effort by mediators to improve understanding of the benefits of mediation.