Community organizations and businesses across Australia are getting involved in Australian Mediation Awareness Week by hosting an event between the 10th and 16th 20 October 2019 to help their community to get a greater understanding of Appropriate Dispute Resolution.
Whether it’s a morning tea, a presentation, an acceptance challenge or a demonstration mediation, hosting an event is a great opportunity for local people to receive local support to in a friendly way.
Here are some Mediation Awareness Week event ideas to get you started:
- Morning Tea and Free – host a morning tea and invite a dispute resolution professional to answer questions about how to sort it out without a fight.
- Learn to negotiate – host a mini negotiation workshop with a participating ADR professional. In one hour learn about conflict de-escalation and how to shift from positional bargaining to collaborative negotiation.
- BBQ and Ask a Q – Hold a sausage sizzle at your centre and invite your community to come along and ask any dispute resolution related questions they may have. You can support them to be more empowered by finding the answer together!
- Selfie challenge – Ask your participants to take selfies and post them to social media. Don’t forget to include the hashtag #AuMAW so we can see all your fantastic photos!
- Create solved it videos – Ask your team to share their hints and tips for resolving problems and disputes with other people. Share it on your website or social media with the #AuMAW and #Solvedit
- What’s That? – collaborate with other organisations and businesses to hold a panel event with representatives of different types of ADR to explain what they do and who they help.
- Embark on a roadshow – pack up your kit and take it on the road to reach new people in your community who may not be able to make it to your centre to talk about talking through problems before they get out of control
Got an event idea? Share it with us so we can help promote your support of appropriate dispute resolution.